Saturday 17 August 2013

August Inspiration By Keren Tamir


"You are my Home"


I used lots of 13 Arts Mixed Media to create this layout. Using a palette knife, I spread the yellow and salmon 13 Arts paint on the white card stock. Then, using a circle template, I masked it in Turquoise paint.
 I framed the photo in the Zany Frame which I painted in 13 Arts yellow paint and then stamped with brown archival ink from Ranger.


To create the flourish garden on top, I used one Angie's Vine for the centre, which I painted in 13 Arts Turquoise paint  and two Flourish Adornments from Set 5 which I painted in 13 Arts Salmon paint.


These two beautiful flowers below are also 13 Arts and I sprayed them in 13 Arts Pearl Orange spray and Yellow Chalk spray.


These are the paints I used for this layout


<<<<<>>>>>


"Grow"

For this layout, I used a white cardstock for the background combined with different sized pieces of the "Faces of Spring" Collection.


I really enjoyed decorating the chipboard pieces on this layout.  I love creating magical gardens around my photos and this is what I did for this layout of my daughter walking in the tall marsh.


All the 2 Crafty chipboard pieces like the Ornate Screen above, were treated the same way using different 13 Arts Mediums. First they were Primed in 13 Arts Gesso. Then they were sprayed in a mixture of 13 Arts Sprays: Pearl Yellow and Pearl Olive green. 


Once the ink was dry, I applied 13 Arts Gel medium to the edges of the Thistle Shrub and the dandelions . Then I threw some 13 Arts Glass Filler Micro Glass beads on top of the gel medium and let it dry.


I really love how the shrubs came out. The micro-beads gave the shrubs a 3D look.


This gorgeous 13 Arts large white flower was used to anchor my layout. Then I used lots of other flowers to embellish around the photo.


Well, I hope you enjoyed my creations as much as I loved making them.

If you want to see more of my work come visit me here on my blog.

All the 13 Arts Products mentioned above, can be bought at the 13 Arts Shop here

Have a wonderful Day!!
Keren


2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Those paints look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colours on the first layout... but that second one is one of my favourite layouts EVER - simply brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete